Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Scratch art, not just for kids!

This box of 125 tiles cost a little over $8 on Amazon. I bought it to explore zentangle as a craft this summer at camp using the scratch art tiles. Little did I know how much I would enjoy it, let alone my 5 and 8 year olds. 

I always try to do at least a few example pieces to show the kids at camp. These were my attempts.

    

    

My kids had even more fun. You can totally tell which ones are my son's. But my daughter was there right with me tangling away! This was good for me to see. I know not every kid is going to want to tangle on these and I need to be ok with that. I outlined a leaf for my daughter and she took it and ran. Look at her pretty tangles down there in the left corner! 


So yeah, apparently this will be a hit this summer. The tiles are 3-1/2" square just like a zentangle tile and they take the guess work out of coloring. The best part for me though? No busted pens at the end of the summer. These are purely done with a wood stylus. Grab a box off Amazon and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. You're the best to provide people with a stupendous probability, I am continually scanning on the web for articles that can help me.
    Mom traveling with kids

    ReplyDelete

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...