Tuesday, April 1, 2014

New Tangle "'Dipity"

Welcome to my new tangle, "'Dipity". Based off an Iris this tangle came serendipitously together thus the name. 



     

Pctured are two examples of "'Dipity" in action. I used lines to show the background in the first, and solid black for the background in the second. I love how the shading worked out in the second especially. It sort of tricks the eye. 


Irises grow in my rock garden in Spring and I am always taking pictures. If you do an instagram search for #inspiretangles you will see a lot of pictures I have taken that have inspired me to look for tangles within them. 



The worksheet for "'Dipity" is relatively simple. It is a grid based off of triangles. Maybe your variation would be to fill the petals with black and leave the background blank. Or maybe you are talented enough to not even need the grid. 


A few variations are provided. Again, I am not a Certified Zentangle Teacher nor do I claim to be one. I just figured out a few tangles and thought I would share. I hope you enjoy. If you post your creations on instagram be sure to tag me @stxradley . I would love to see what you do with any of the tangles I have shared. But most of all, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...