Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Coasters anyone?


On Amazon when you search for 'zentangle' you get about 20 pages worth of books and supplies. These coasters were one such supply. They are absorbant coasters for around $8 per set of 50. Of course I had to buy them as I was exploring these as an option for crafts this summer. 

    

The round coasters make the perfect zendala style zentangles.

    

    

And the square coasters make the perfect traditional zentangles. 

    
^Please note, the stain on this one is from my daughter spilling my coffee while I was tangleing, not a result of improper sealing.

    

Measuring about 4" in diameter or 4" square, these tiles are perfect coasters. But how do you protect your artwork? Well, simple, mod podge the top. Be sure to also get mod podge all around the edges too. Allow to dry. Using clear spray paint, seal the top. When this has fully dried you will have a waterproof coaster. No joke. This is the same method I use with tile coasters when I cover them with craft paper. But have fun. Make it your own! 


Did I mention you can tangle on your Starbucks cup too? hehe




No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...