Wednesday, March 20, 2013

More Zentangle

I am so amazed by the awesomeness of this! There are so many people out there who do this on a regular basis and don't even realize they're doing it. Repetitive doodles. That's all it is! And anyone can do it! You don't have to be a fantastic artist to doodle these. I have been much engrossed in this lately because we are considering it as a camp craft for this summer. My research has shown me so many cool ideas. I especially like the ones that start with a nature shape and then doodle inside the spaces created. There are so many possibilities within this too!

First, let me say, I doodle all the time but I don't do repetitive patterns or if I do they are the same patterns over and over so coming up with new patterns is not exactly easy for me. I also enjoy the look of details in a picture but I hate executing them as I haven't the patience. This has been a great exercise for me. I am so addicted.

A great resource was www.ztforkids.com. I have ordered their book and I am excited to get it. My kids even got into the idea. A another great resource was www.tangledesigns.com. They have an entire index of many designs! I never would have thought of some of these!

With these resources behind me and the ideas to inspire I looked on Instagram to see what others have posted. Behold! I was amazed! And these are just the pictures I found that were intriguing to what we plan to do at camp this summer!






















Trying my hand at it has been fun. You really don't need any artistic ability besides repetitive lines. Here are my recent tries.

















Check out the websites mentioned, google it, search Instagram for #zentangle, and try your hand at it. There are many amazing resources out there. I have ordered several books for the kids to look through at camp but there are so many web sources that you may never need a book. Besides, all you really need is a pen, paper, and your imagination!

Ps, some of these are by two ladies in particular: nadik4ever and jennshii are both very talented ladies. Follow on Instagram and you can see why their work intrigued me! I am a private user but you can request a follow for stxradley on Instagram! Happy doodling!

2 comments:

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...